Monday, April 16, 2007

Darol Anger is my Hero


...well, at least one of them. :) We went to two Yonder Mountain String Band shows this weekend, one in Seattle and one in Portland. The lovely Darol Anger played fiddle with them, as he does for the special shows. We've become friends, since he now lives in Portland. He's a super nice guy and with an endless abundance of inspiration for any fiddle player.

In the past week, I've seen a lot of awesome fiddle players. Not only Darol, but also Tania from The Duhks and a guy who plays a rockin electric violin in a pop band from Ireland called The Frames. The more I see, the more I realize it's totally okay for me to have my own Ellie style of playing.

Although last night was a really late night, I have extra zest today. I think it's cause I'm still on the Yonder high. I absolutely love a Yonder show! The people, the music, the friends, the dancing... Their shows are so happy.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hi Ellie and Ziegy! I have thought about you both and baby Owen a lot. I am eager for your visit to MinneSNAPolis. love, Kathleen